Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's a Dragon's year.

Monday, 23/01/2012
Hiiiiii GONG XI FAT CHAI, everyone (okay, it's day9 now), but it's still Chinese New Year right :))) I'm not consider late.

Mmmmm a week before Chinese New Year, mom & I went mad shopping around KL PJ SUBANG etc etc hunting for new year clothes to wear on the first day of CNY. Seriously, I just don't understand...why people must wear new clothes during CNY. You know in the CNY songs, I always hear...穿新衣,戴新帽 (lol, I don't think I got it right but yeah it's something like that), so yeah even the songs indicates that we must get new clothes for the NEW year. I mean, WHY MUST GET NEW CLOTHES WORR? So mahfan lahh. But whatever lahh, as I girl, new clothes are always loved ;)

On the night of Chinese New Year eve, my family went over to my uncle's house @ Seremban to stay over after our reunion dinner. And Chye Leng my cousin & I went barbie and tried on all our clothes we're planning to wear lololol. First we tried on our first choice, then.."hey, I got something like that too. Look!", then try another one. Then laugh. And another, then pose to see which angle we look nice in the picture lolwtff. Then that's not even enough, we exchanged clothes and tried them on too. You know, girls ;) then I heard from Chye Leng saying that her family's all wearing CheongSam (you know, the Chinese traditional clothes for girls), except for her. But she brought along a CheongSam as well lahh, just in case she changes her mind. Then I just realized, that I actually brought along a CheongSam tooo, but didn't plan to wear it on the 1st day of CNY. So we go on again...thinking should we wear our CheongSams to match with the other family members etc etc.

But in the end...nahh, we just stick with our first choicewtf.
Outfit of the day: Dress from Blook, pair of heels bought from Taiwan :D

Not as usual where Amma always cook Mee Sua for the whole family on CNY day1, this year was a bit different. In a sad way )': 'cos Amma's no longer cookingggg, old already lahh sigh. Every morning of CNY day1 she had to wake up exceptionally early and prepare, then sweat abit etc etc. So we had roti chanai for breakfast (also our lunch lol) @ Amma's house. So naise, Indian food on Chinese New Year. Memang 1 Malaysia (Y) wtff.

Watching movies while waiting for all our family members to arrive to start our Angpau session.
Cousin Shyuan Tay & ChyeMei Lee.
Obviously me la (spot my bloated face fml) & cousin Michelle Tay.
Cousin SoongSern Lee, Aunty PeckYong & Aunty SuitFun.
Then finally cousin ChyeHoong, James Leu & baby Felicia arrives! It's Felicia's first time today, yipeeee :3
Err I think she just woke up, looking kinda blur seeing so many big happy faces beaming at her suddenly lol.
One thing I like celebrating CNY here at the Ong's was that our Angpau session is special :) not like some other families, we cousins have to line up (sometimes from eldest to youngest, and sometimes from youngest to eldest) and fill sentence & sentence of New Year wishes to the elders, only we can pass & get our Angpaus.
This year, it was eldest to the youngest ;)
I'm the second youngest cousin in the family hehehehe. Oh wait, now that we have baby Felicia, I upgrade to 3rd youngest yeeheee.
Amma, the eldest to give out the Angpaus first. I seriously had forgotten all the (4 wordings) New Year wishes fml. ChyeLeng even had all the (4 wordings) New Year wishes noted in her iPhone lolololol that was epic. Like whenever it's our turn to wish but we run out of ideas, then we could refer back to the iPhone hahahaha (Y)
After giving out to the cousins then giving out Angpaus to the aunties & uncles.
Then it's the eldest uncle to give out Angpau's to us cousins.
Lol cramming out wishes outta our brains :o
And pass! Haahhahahah. There's times when I was younger, not enough wishes then no Angpau one wtff. But now much easier work la compare to last time.
Baby Felicia's first timeeee :3
She kinda became the spotlight for her mad cuteness hehehehhe.
More wishes to pour-_-
"It's mai turn!" :3
My dad kind of made a very soft voice, the kind of voice you'll make when you see something cute? Yeah that. And my cousins was like...."ohhh, so this is the voice your dad made when you was young lahh?", hahahaha so cute lahh daddy :')
Happy Chinese New Year daddy & mommy! I wish them happiness & no worries for the year lol. Should have wish my mom 减肥成功 HAHHAHAHHA, but I forgot-_-
The youngest uncle ChongMing's much easier jobbbbbbbb! No need to wish at all then can get Angpaus liao (Y)
So easy you just have to extend your hand lolwtf.
Baby Felicia & Amma!
Every year we took a family portrait.
We weren't ready at all-_-
Cousins! ChyeMei & ChyeLeng. My mom once told me that the eldest uncle suggested to my mom, asking to name me with a Chye too lololol. So imagine my name is.....ChyeWei wtff, sounds so weird. But that'll fit with my cousins lololl
ChyeLeng & I. Left picture over exposure grrrrrrrrr ):
Cousins.
"I'm a new member. Yipeee!" - Felicia
I just realize that I haven't even eaten one piece of 肉干 ) :
Our famous retarded face. I did baboon instead wtff-_-
Know where this retarded face come from? 'Cos whenever we went for youth camps or missionary camps etc, the scariest thing is the leader asking you..."what are your opinions?", or "what do you think", or "what are your ideas" etc etc. Worst is they ask you about Bible knowledge, gosh I suck at that hahahhah, sorry. I use to think I was the only one having this problem, but when I voiced it out to my cousins, they felt exactly the same way too. Especially if you're the first one being asked in a group during devotion.

So our solution is....give them the retarded face hahahaha. Just...erm open your mouth a bit and stare blankly at them wtff. Or just look somewhere else or at the floor & pretend to think hahahahah. Then the leader sure would say..."Alright, it's okay. We'll come back to you later". And often enough, after they go thru one round thru the group for ideas/opinions, they forget about you. So yeah....our retarded look HAHAHA.
More cousins shot.
And then around 4:30pm my family left so that we could visit my mom's side instead. Back to Popo's house then Cousin XiongFeng & I went to Terminal 2 @ Seremban to watch Underworld: Awakening instead. Was quite disappointed 'cos there's only like....what, less than 10seconds of Michael's scenes!? Mostly it's just...Serene & her (and Michael's) daughter. And more humans. ):

After dinner then my family headed to Aunty PeckYen's house. Watched movies again (I forgot the name fml).
Prawn crackers with acat always rocks!

That's all for now :))))

Song of the day: Olivia Ong - Fly Me To The Moon.

God bless everyone of you, x.
Chinese New Year day2 is next!

*Click on the 'Older Post' on the right to read more about my Chinese New Year.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment