Friday, March 18, 2011

Geeky face that I craved.

Oh hahahhahaha, hey peeps! This is gonna be a real short post. I just got back from shopping with Melodie, my old primary friend! Gonna post more about that later but first I'm gonna post this..
Guys ever seen this before? Don't make a mistake, it's not the larvas of the mosquitoes I found from my pond :\
It's called Ocean Monkeys / Sea Monkeys :D.
Mel & I walked into the pet shop and we bumped into this. it caught whole of my attention. And then Mel said, wait a minute, my sister rear this!!!!! I'm like: WHAT?! Can you ask her to give me a pair of them? *hopeful gaze*. Mel said:" Ouh but she already throw it all away." ):
I asked more questions about these sea monkeys and went to google about it (;
And here's what i got:
 Sea-Monkeys® are a true miracle of nature. They exist in suspended animation inside their tiny eggs for many years. The instant-life crystals, in which the eggs are enclosed, preserve their viability and help to extend still further their un-hatched life span! Sea-Monkeys are real Time-Travelers asleep in biological time capsules for their strange journey into the future!

  The joy of watching Sea-Monkeys grow offers a lot more than just pure fun. It is one of the outstanding educational experiences of a lifetime, because the entire life-cycle of these unique creatures are fully recreated. Conceived in 1960 as a biological novelty, the “fantasy” has transformed into brilliant reality. It's also a unique species of brine shrimp, known by the scientific name of Artemia NYOS. LOL bleah whatever! but they're CUTEEEEEEE! Check this video if you're interested:
 Or this.......GOT ME LAUGHING LIKE MAD :B
Trust me, I'M SO GONNA GET A BOX OF THEM! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Okay, you guys got the kiddy side of me out. -.-.

Anyway, while I was browsing the Sea Monkey's.. something else caught my attention again..
Axolotl (Mexican Walking Fish)
Hahaha, yay see I know the name.-.-.
I'm sososoosososo gonna get this toooo! *As if*
Surely, the ultimate geek pet? This gilled amphibian which spends most of its time in water is delightfully alien looking and offers a great attraction to visitors. Axolotl will also happily share a tank with fish and others, making them a feature pet for any aquarium. Contrary to popular opinion (mainly because they have legs) they don’t need access to land in the same way frogs do. They can survive quite happily in a tank with no access to land and spend a lot of time down the bottom of the tank. They do not need to
“sun” themselves like turtles.
Eats:  Trout and salmon pellets and any live or frozen worms.
Lives: Aquarium tank of suitable size. Best to have a good filter system and water temperature between 4 °C
(57 °F)-20 °C (68 °F), preferably 17 °C
(63 °F)-18 °C (64 °F).
Tips:      The water axolotl’s live in must not be chlorinated and many people include aquarium salts to prevent infection.
AREN'T THEY CUTE? :D
Imagine I got one of them in my aquarium with my turtles!!!!!!!!!!
Awhhhh..

No comments:

Post a Comment